Sunday, August 4, 2013

Nutella Stuffed Wonton Cookies

     Today I have another ridiculously simple dessert to share. It was inspired by two different recipes I love, the first being my baked, not fried wontons. That little invention inspired me to come up with a dessert version. Then I looked over at my brand new giant tub of nutella and remembered an old recipe for nutella stuffed puff pastry cookies. Those are really unbeatable, and I'll share them sometime, but unfortunately today I was fresh out of puff pastry. So naturally, I thought nutella stuffed wontons would be similarly wonderful, which they were. The directions for this recipe will look very familiar to you if you saw the original wonton recipe, but it's a delicious new spin. Plus, this only required 3 ingredients and about 20 minutes!

INGREDIENTS:
12 wonton wrappers
1/3 cup nutella
2 oz (1/4 cup) cream cheese
a small bowl of water--doesn't count as an ingredient

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400 and lightly spray a cookie sheet.
2. Measure about 1/3 cup of nutella, or just 2 giant spoonfuls because it's nearly impossible to get nutella in and out of a measuring cup. Mix that in a small bowl with 2oz of cream cheese. Both of these are really sticky, stubborn things to mix, but just whip it until it looks incorporated.
3. Spoon a little bit of the nutella mixture onto the center of each wonton wrapper. You should have enough filling for 12, but be very careful not to overfill them.
4. To wrap the wonton, use your finger to spread a few drops of water along all 4 sides of it, then fold it into a triangle and fold/crimp the edges until they stick, adding more water to your hands if necessary.
5. Bake at 400 for 13-15 minutes. When done, they'll be crispy on the outside and taste almost like nutella cheesecake in the middle. Eat them while they're warm, but store extras in the fridge.
     Enjoy! I have some exciting ideas for later this week, but I may be traveling, so if I take a few days off, it's because I could be anywhere in the world at this time next week. Don't worry, it's not because I ran out of ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment