Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Quickie: S'mores in a Croissant

     Since yesterday's recipe was a bit of a project, I thought I'd post something simple today. If you remember my Nutella wonton post, you'll know that I like to come up with strange cultural combinations for some recipes, and today's is another example of that. The other day, I went to Sam's Club and purchased my favorite item in the entire store, a giant box of fresh baked croissants. So when I got home, I had to think of what to do with them, and another stroke of genius hit! Why not make a s'more inside a croissant? I hope I'm not insulting any French people by americanizing one of the greatest baked goods in the world, but essentially, this is just pain au chocolat with marshmallows. So maybe this isn't exactly a recipe so much as an idea, but it was terrific, so I have to share it.

INGREDIENTS:
1 large store bought croissant (Someday I'll learn to make them myself.)
6 squares of a Hershey bar
2 large marshmallows

DIRECTIONS:
1. Cut the croissant in half and arrange the chocolate and marshmallows in between to make a sandwich.
2. To cook this, you have two options:

A. For lazy people like me, microwave for about 30 seconds.
B. To go the extra mile, toast it in a frying pan just like grilled cheese for just a few seconds until the chocolate and marshmallows melt. 
There's no excuse not to try this since it takes literally less than a minute to make. Enjoy, and check out yesterday's German cheesecake if you haven't because it's really great!


No comments:

Post a Comment