Sunday, July 28, 2013

The 5-Minute Cookie Cake

     I've noticed that the microwave mug cake recipes I've posted have been especially popular, so I think I'm going to do a whole series of them. It's the perfect recipe for me to make on a Sunday night, when I don't feel like doing anything that requires more than 5 minutes of effort. I know that all of us have those days, and coincidentally, those are the days that can be significantly improved with cake. So today's mug cake is sort of a spin-off of a chocolate chip cookie and is just as easy and delicious as the previous two versions, so check them out if you haven't!

INGREDIENTS:
1 egg
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
a pinch of baking powder
1 tablespoon softened butter
3 tablespoons chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Stir all ingredients very well in a tall, microwave-safe mug. I've found that these cakes need to be stirred more than you'd expect because the flour has a tendency to stick to the bottom of the mug.


2. Microwave for about 2 minutes, checking after 1 1/2. Let it cool for a minute or two before digging in.
Enjoy, and come back tomorrow for the return of Pie Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment