Sunday, June 16, 2013

Quickie: Apple Pie Smoothie

     Happy Father's Day everyone, and sorry I'm posting so late today. It was a busy day, so I just have something quick to share. Because this blog requires me to cook and eat all sorts of decadent food, I have finally accepted the fact that I have to work out regularly. So I invented this smoothie after a grueling 40 minutes on the treadmill. The ingredient quantities are not really exact, but make about 16 ounces of smoothie. Feel free to multiply or divide, and of course, taste-test everything until it's to your liking.

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
a splash of orange juice
1/2 banana
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 a graham cracker
a handful of ice cubes

DIRECTIONS:
1. Throw it all in a blender.
2. Blend.
"Why the martini glass?" you ask. Why not??

     To see what happened to the other half of the apple, check out yesterday's grilled cheese recipe if you didn't already. Next week, I'm going to have to get creative because my oven is not currently working, but we will power through. I already have a delicious no-bake cheesecake recipe ready to post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment